9 Bathroom Shower Ideas If you’re in the market for a new bathroom shower, ideas…
11 Unique Shower Curtain Ideas
You know what kind of shower curtain that will complete the look of your bathroom remodel. Perhaps, you aren’t remodeling your master bath, but want to liven up your older bathroom with a unique shower curtain.
However, you can’t find the right shower curtain no matter where you look. Now, you’re in luck. In this post, you’ll find dozens of DIY projects, ideas, and websites to find the unique shower curtain that best matches your style.
5 Ideas for Finding That One-of-a-Kind Shower Curtain
Houzz and Pinterest are great websites to find unique shower curtain ideas. You can find hundreds of ideas to transform your bathroom from blah to wow!
If you search for “Unique Shower Curtain Ideas Beautiful” on Pinterest, you’ll come up with more shower curtain ideas. Granted “beautiful” relies on your perception, but Pinterest serves as a launching pad to get you brainstorming.
For another Pinterest search, you can plug in, “Unique Shower Curtain Ideas Awesome,” that comes up with a wide variety of shower curtain ideas, such as
- A dinosaur with a shower cap
- A circular shower curtain rod and shower curtain
- A cat with a black background
- Funny sayings shower curtains
- Holiday shower curtains with snowmen or with Christmas trees.
Learn more: Should You Hire a Professional to Remodel Your Bathroom?
Here are some other shower curtain ideas to fit with your unique personality:
1. Go to YouTube to find DIY shower curtain ideas. Many folks find unique ways to create their one-of-a-kind shower curtains that meet their budget and their décor. Here are a few to check out:
- DIY Swag Shower Curtain
- Hand Painted Shower Curtain
- How to DIY a Big Impact Shower Curtain for $20
- How to Make a Cute No-Sew Shower Curtain – DIY Crafts – Thrift Diving
- Decorate Bathroom Shower Curtains with Permapaque Markers.
2. Create your own unique shower curtains for the kids’ bathrooms using glow in the dark fabric paint on a clear shower curtain making bath time fun.
3. If you want to avoid breathing in toxic fumes from a PVC vinyl shower curtain, you can buy an eco-friendly shower curtain at Amazon, Rawganique, and Pottery Barn.
4. You can install a glass shower door instead of using a fabric or plastic shower curtain. Other eco-friendly shower curtain ideas include
- Glass blocks separating your shower from the rest of the bathroom
- Shower curtains that are PEVA or EVA
- Linen shower curtains
- Nylon shower curtains
- Hemp shower curtains
- Organic cotton shower curtains
- Bamboo shower curtains
- Shower curtains made from birch.
5. You can also have a wet room bathroom with pavers, tile, and a drain in the middle of the floor. Make sure it’s conducive to your family. If your little ones are used to baths, a shower may overwhelm them.
6. You can also install a canvas shower curtain—it’s long lasting and sturdy. But your canvas shower curtain will need a liner because it’s not wholly water-resistant. You can buy canvas shower curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Wal-Mart, and Wayfair.
You can find shower curtain liners at many retail stores and online. Shower liners come in white or solid colors. You can purchase a shower liner through Amazon, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target, and Wayfair.
7. Plastic shower curtains with unique designs. Unique plastic shower curtains are the least expensive of all shower curtains. Plus, vinyl shower curtains are easy to clean and resist mildew and mold.
You can find unique plastic shower curtains at these online retailers: Amazon and CafePress.
8. You can go high-end with satin or silk shower curtains. These unique shower curtains aren’t water-resistant, so you’ll need to put up a shower liner. Plus, silk or satin don’t mix well in children’s bathrooms. Better to put it up in the master bath.
If you don’t want to pay high-end prices, you can invest in a faux silk or satin shower curtain. You can purchase faux silk or satin shower curtains at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Walmart, and Wayfair.
9. You can install double curtain rods to add a unique twist to your shower curtain design. There are many reasons why doubling up on shower curtain rods is an excellent idea. Here are some of those reasons:
- Simple to put up that feels high-end at the same time
- It provides movement and layering because the double curtain rods curve for a unique look
- It’s an economical upgrade to your bathroom
- It’s easier to take down one shower curtain at a time
- Your shower curtains will dry better since there is space between the liner and shower curtain
Learn more about textured powder rooms.
- While you’re in the shower, you can keep the outer shower curtain open to let more light into the bath area
- You can hang up your towel or robe over the outside rod
- If you want to give your bathroom décor a boost, you can use bronze or nickel hardware to give a touch of elegance
- If you have a tiny bathroom, or you have too many tchotchkes, nickel or bronze may not complement your bathroom’s decor.
10. When you remodel your bathroom, consider having a corner shower. It’ll make your bathroom feel more spacious. You can save money on a curved shower curtain rod when you make your own rod.
11. More DIY ideas for creating a unique shower curtain. While some folks don’t mind going high-end, it’s hard when you’re raising kids or during other seasons of life.
You can watch websites and videos that teach you how to make a unique shower curtain that reflects your style. Here are some more ideas for a unique shower curtain:
- You can add embellishments on a white shower curtain. Pops of color and pom-pom trim add whimsy and color. You can find fabric paint and pom-pom trim at your local craft store.
- If you’re handy with a sewing machine, you can add chic texture on a white shower curtain by pin tucking the fabric. Obviously, you need a fabric white shower curtain to sew pin-tucks.
- You can also use black fabric paint to add geometric shapes to your shower curtain—creating a monochromatic look.
- You can take curtain panels and rework them into a unique shower curtain idea.
- If you want to skip the sewing, you can paint a shower curtain with any design you come up with—including painting florals, geometric designs, or a mandala.
Indeed, your creativity shines when you make DIY shower curtains. Fortunately, social media provides a way to find unique shower curtain ideas that brighten up a tired bathroom or for adding a touch of whimsy.