Spring and summer are around the corner, and that means you’ll be having friends, family…
Shower curtains add a pop of color to any drab-looking bathroom. Plus, you have many pattern choices to choose from in order to transform your bathroom from blah to beautiful.
If you’re not ready to do a full bathroom remodel, shower curtains also work to hide unsightly tile and an old, stained tub.
Before you hang up a new shower curtain, you first need to buy a shower liner. Why?
Because shower liners protect your shower curtain from getting wet and growing mold and mildew. A liner also keeps the water in the tub or shower.
A liner’s average size is 70” x 72”. However, you can purchase a shower liner in other sizes, such as
Liners come in three different fabric choices, vinyl, polyester, and nylon, making them easy to clean. Here are six tips for buying the perfect shower curtain liner for your bathtub or shower stall.
1. Vinyl is the most popular and the lowest priced liner on the market. A vinyl liner sticks to the side of your tub or shower so water can’t escape.
Vinyl comes in clear, so you need to determine if you want more privacy from your liner or your shower curtain.
Also, a vinyl liner is easy to clean. A sponge or a cloth will clean away soap scum and any mildew growing on your liner.
Don’t put your vinyl shower curtain liner in the washer unless you don’t mind a crumbled, wrinkly and cloudy liner.
2. Nylon and polyester shower curtain liners come in a variety of colors. You can pick out the color that complements your shower curtain, or you can use a liner as a shower curtain.
Nylon and polyester shower liners are easy to clean too. You can wash them in your washer and then, hang them to dry. Conversely, you can put the wet liner in the dryer on a low setting.
You need to make sure that the liner is in the tub or shower stall. Fabric liners tend to be bunched or tangled in with your shower curtain allowing water to get out onto the floor.
3. You can keep the liner securely in your tub if you buy one that has magnets or suction cups at the bottom of it. The magnets and suction cups hold your liner snuggly in the shower stall.
Suction cups are the better of the two because they cling to the side of the tub, keeping water securely in it.
4. Grommets to the rescue. You can extend the life of your liner when you buy one with grommets at the head.
Grommets handle the tugging and pulling that they experience every day. And you can fasten your grommet liner directly to the curtain rod without any hooks.
5. Buy a shower curtain liner that’s mildew and mold resistant. . You can keep bacteria, mold, and mildew away from your shower area when you buy a shower liner that’s resistant to these microbes. It saves you time with cleaning and keeps your bathroom healthier.
6. Shower curtain liners come in a wide variety of colors. You can buy a shower liner that is green, blue, maroon, aquamarine, lime, white as well as many other color choices.
Shower curtains are really a lot of fun—especially if you have a small bathroom, and you want to make it look larger.
There are so many different designs and colors to choose from, but shower curtains only come in four different fabrics: Cotton blends, microfiber, polyester, and vinyl. Cotton blends and vinyl are the two most popular fabrics for shower curtains.
If you’re not ready for a bathroom remodel, a shower curtain is one way to spruce up your bathroom space. Here are some general guidelines to pick out the right shower curtain for you:
You want to stay away from a glass shower door in a small bathroom since it makes your bathroom look crowded and smaller. Conversely, a shower curtain can make your bathroom space look bigger.
Here are some other ideas for expanding your tiny bathroom with a shower curtain:
Replace your dirty, dingy shower curtain with a new one to add a punch of style to your bathroom—especially if you have a small bathroom. Don’t forget the shower curtain liner to keep water where it belongs … in your tub or shower stall.
Finally, enjoy the shower curtain shopping experience. There are many shower curtain choices to spark up your bathroom.