Are you a homeowner who wishes that your home was a little bit different, more…
9 Signs It’s Time To Remodel Your Bathroom
For how much time is spent in them, bathrooms don’t get a lot of attention. When people go house hunting they focus on the kitchen or the size of the master closet, but when they come across a truly amazing bathroom, it stays on their mind.
Whether you’re considering a remodel in preparation of selling your home, or your bathroom is simply in desperate need of an update, here are nine tell-tale signs that it’s definitely time to remodel and why you shouldn’t put it off any longer.
- The layout isn’t functional. If you’ve never been in an illogically planned bathroom then you may never have wondered why features are placed where they are. But if you have had to deal with a poorly designed bathroom then you know a pain it can be. While there’s no “right” bathroom layout, it’s recommended that you place the most used features in the easiest to get to places. It’s also recommended that features be placed up against walls to leave as much space as possible. Even a small bathroom can feel spacious when designed right.
- You don’t have enough storage space. The bathroom may not be the first place you think of when writing a list of rooms it’s important to have enough storage space in, but if you’re dealing with a cupboard-less bathroom then you probably already have storage space on your wish list.
- You want to increase your property’s value. As mentioned above, remodeling your bathroom can increase your home’s value. You may not think twice about your “vintage” master bathroom, but when you go to sell your home, buyers are going to notice and it may even deter some otherwise serious shoppers who don’t have the time or money to put into a remodel.
- You’ve outgrown the space you have. Families grow and your once “charming”, “cozy” bathroom becomes a cramped and smelly boxing arena. Sharing a bathroom with one person can be hard enough as it is, but the more you add the worse it gets, making it difficult to get everyone ready for the day and out the door on time.
- You want to increase aesthetic appeal. Old homes can be very charming, but they can also be very appalling. Old-style linoleum just isn’t in anymore and it hasn’t been for quite some time. It often seems that bathrooms are the last rooms to be updated, but an updated bathroom can sometimes make all of the difference.
- The plumbing is on its last leg. Plumbing is the “glue” of the bathroom. It keeps everything working smoothly. When it starts to deteriorate, you might not notice right away. It’s not something you see every day and so it’s not on your mind.
- You need to add safety features. There comes a time in everyone’s lives when safety features need to be installed to help them keep from getting hurt. From everything like handle bars in the shower to railings by the toilet, safety upgrades can help make a home more comfortable. Safety upgrades aren’t just for the elderly, though. If you live in an older home, you might not have grounded electrical outlets.
- The tile is worn out. Over time, tile will get worn. It’s just what happens. Everyday wear and tear or chips and damage caused by children will cause it to wear down and lose its appeal.
- You aren’t very energy efficient. With new advances in technology, there are a lot of ways to make your home more energy efficient. From lighting and electric to water usage, simple updates can save you lots of money and lessen your environmental footprint.
If you don’t think you can live with your poorly planned bathroom layout any longer, don’t. Not only can a remodel increase your home’s value, but it will help you find some inner peace.
Stop stacking your towels on the back of the toilet or buying a collection of caddies to hold everything you need. A bathroom remodel will give you the opportunity to add plenty of storage space and make room to breathe.
According to national data from 2014, a bathroom remodel could increase your home’s value by more than $10,000! Whether you’re planning to sell soon or not, being prepared is never a bad idea. And you’ll get to enjoy a brand new room in the meantime.
Stop being late and causing fights every time your family has some place to be. A bathroom expansion and remodel is a great way to get some peace.
If you’re considering some updates to your home, start with the main rooms you spend time in, especially the bathroom. Just that one simple change will make more of a difference than you might think.
When plumbing goes bad, though, things go bad. If you aren’t aware that your plumbing is giving out, you could end up with a disaster on your hands. From major flooding to ruined walls and electrical issues, making sure that plumbing is up-to-date is vital and can give you the opportunity to update your bathroom’s aesthetic.
Without the proper safety features installed, you could end up with a hefty medical bill on your hands. Don’t put off taking precautions. Whether you’re confident enough to DIY or want to hire a professional, safety should be on the top of your priority list.
Take the opportunity to find a tile that you love. Choose something you find attractive that has a lot of strength and durability. Among other reasons, updating the tile can increase the value of your home and give your floors new life.
If you think it’s time to switch over to more energy efficient fixtures, don’t wait. The money you’ll save in the long run might just be worth the cost to upgrade.
Ready to get started on upgrading your bathroom? Give us a call today.