I am the first to admit I never thought about cleaning out my cleaning supplies until this year. The more I researched, the more I realized I had lots of stuff sitting under my sink that should not have been there.
· Once opened, paint lasts about three years. Instead of saving it in the back of a pantry, give it to someone who can use it. Try giving to a neighbor, a local community center or school, or even an organization like Habitat for Humanity.
· Bleach only lasts about four months! Call your local recycling office or poison control center to find out how to dispose of it.
· Both liquid and powder laundry detergent can last up to 12 months if unopened. If opened, they are good for about six months.
· Both liquid and powder dish soap last for one year.
· Mr. Clean, Windex, and Pledge are good up to two years whether opened or not.
· Aerosol air fresheners last about two years.
By: The HGTV.ca Editorial Team (Source)